26 Oct Always be grateful!
So Yvonne Kelly Jewellery is now available to purchase online! To say I’m grateful to all the people who have helped this happen is an understatement.
I will be posting here regularly on the latest news from Yvonne Kelly Jewellery, some jewellery tips and tricks, interviews, behind the scenes at Yvonne Kelly Jewellery, upcoming craft fairs and lots more.
To keep up to date on all the latest news & special offers, sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of the page.
Today’s post is my top tips for caring for your jewellery to keep it ultra-shiny and keep those tarnishing devils at bay.
7 Top Tips for keeping your jewellery Tip-Top
- Store your jewellery in the box it came in or in an airtight bag. Silver can react to pollutants in the atmosphere that can cause it to tarnish.
- Make up a bowl of hot soapy water with washing up liquid and use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the tarnished areas.
- Use a Silver Dip cleaning solution. Many jewellery shops sell this solution and it costs about €8. It is easy to use and will really give your jewellery sparkle.
- Use a silver polishing cloth – these are readily available from jewellery shops.
- Remove your jewellery before doing sports as the sweat in your skin can cause tarnishing.
- Put your make-up, perfume or any cosmetic products on before putting on your jewellery.
- Wear it often – believe it or not the oils in your skin are a great polisher but just be careful not to expose your jewellery to household chemicals, chlorinated water or any other harsh chemicals.
Hopefully the tips above will be of some help to keeping your jewellery as good as new.
Stay tuned to the blog for more helpful advice and news in the coming weeks.